Hey, guys! Sorry it has been quite a while since I last wrote an entry... but we have been a bit busy. Last week, Ashlynn and I participated in a choir day camp, and that last three days, and we have just been on the go since then. Today, I had the opportunity to go to my dad's work at U.T. Hospital and observe. It was a great educational experience, and all the people were just lovely! :) For quite a while now, I have been interested in the medical field, and so when dad said I could come and observe an actual surgery, I was ecstatic.
Anyway, I got there in the late morning, and got to view the end of one case, and when that was over, Dad took me on a tour of the rooms that he works in, and we then watched (well, I watched, he worked) a few other cases. One of the doctors in particular was extremely nice, and really good about showing me things, how they worked, etc. Also, I got to view a tiny bit of a case in the "Open room". Those of you who have weak stomachs should probably stop here. (Just a little heads up) Dad did not really know what the case was, since he does not work there very much, but the name of the room kind of gives away what the cases are like. All of them are wide open, in regards to whatever it is that they are operating on. For example, the one that we glanced at was on of the lower extremities(leg), they had opened the leg from around the knee to the ankle (Not exactly sure how low it went since we were not actually in the room, just looking in the window) and the skin and tissues were pulled aside so that they could really get to whatever it was they were working on. It was interesting, but I am not sure how I would have done if I had been in the room! :) For those of you interested, I did have to put on the full gear, such as scrubs, mask, led, etc. I regret to say that I did not get any pictures of the beautiful attire. :P Well, this is Me, signing off for now.
Good Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment